Bug in Tellstick Service (Tellstick DUO only)

Moderator: Telldus

Scope

Bug in Tellstick Service (Tellstick DUO only)

Post by Scope »

Hello and thanks for a new wonderful product!

However I am having problems with the Tellstick Duo.
I am only able to reproduce this while running the Eventghost plugin at the same time as I'm running the TelldusCenter.
What happens is that tdTurnOn (or any other command) returns -3 (even in TelldusCenter) which is TELLSTICK_ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND.
It is intermittent and related to sending several commands in a row. After receiving this error you can send a new command to another device and it may succeed.
However it does not work to sleep for a while, and then retry sending the command to the same device.
I tried to figure out the design of the communication between the DLL and the service and it seems to be using named pipes.
It will also create a new thread when receiving a new command, and it will also create a thread and pipe for callbacks.
So, I am guessing that the DLL will return TELLSTICK_ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND if it cannot open a new pipe to communicate with the service?
I also saw something very strange in the service: it keeps re-creating the pipes (TelldusClient & TelldusEvents), over and over again, even though TelldusCenter&EV is not running?
This is only happening with the Tellstick DUO not the regular Tellstick.

I've also had several deadlocks in the service while using the TelldusCenter only. This happened when I tried to scan for a new RF-signal. When that happends your saved device does not appear in the list and you have to kill the service and start it again in order to add the device.

Oh and I am running the latest version : 2.1.0(a)

Kind regards,
Torbjörn Westerlund.
stefan.persson

Re: Bug in Tellstick Service (Tellstick DUO only)

Post by stefan.persson »

Hi! Thanks!

We're working hard with the upcoming 2.1.1-release of TelldusCenter. At the moment it seems that we've, among other things, been able to get rid of a lot of problems in the communication between the service and client. Error in communication with the client should actually render TELLSTICK_ERROR_CONNECTING_SERVICE and not TELLSTICK_ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND.

When you scanned for a new device, what protocol was it, and if you were able to add it eventually, which code was it?
Stefan Persson
Software
Telldus Technologies
Scope

Re: Bug in Tellstick Service (Tellstick DUO only)

Post by Scope »

stefan.persson wrote:Hi! Thanks!

We're working hard with the upcoming 2.1.1-release of TelldusCenter. At the moment it seems that we've, among other things, been able to get rid of a lot of problems in the communication between the service and client. Error in communication with the client should actually render TELLSTICK_ERROR_CONNECTING_SERVICE and not TELLSTICK_ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND.

When you scanned for a new device, what protocol was it, and if you were able to add it eventually, which code was it?
Thanks for the quick reply!
The protocol was Nexa self-learning but the code does not seem to matter, it is intermittent.
I've also noticed that sending commands to the tellstick duo is much slower than the regular tellstick. Is this due to some input/output-lock which will queue all commands while receiving RF-signals?

Kind regards,
Torbjörn Westerlund.