Tellstick Net API Without Live

Moderator: Telldus

g_bergqvist

Tellstick Net API Without Live

Post by g_bergqvist »

Dear Sir,

I wonder if there is an API, like in C# or Java, to access a Tellstick NET from a Windows PC without using the Live service. I do not want any connection to the internet and I need to write my own software in order to integrate the Tellstick NET properly to the rest of the home automation systems in my house.

EDIT: I would have used a Tellstick DUO, but the distance from the computer to the Tellstick would be too great. In my house there are network cables to good positions for a Tellstick NET, but unfortunately it would not be possible to add active USB cables - thus a Tellstick DUO cannot solve the problem, but a Tellstick NET would be perfect if it was only possible to control without any external internet services, preferrably from some major development platform, like Visual Studio or such like.

Yours sincerely,
G Bergqvist
krambriw

Re: Tellstick Net API Without Live

Post by krambriw »

It will come but is not available yet.

If you need a solution today and cannot wait undefined time, you can always use a cheap usb server and then connect duo to it. I have tried that myself and it works pretty nice.

There was also another post regarding the use of usb servers here
http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1729
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

As krambriw said, it is a planned feature. You can follow it here:
http://developer.telldus.com/ticket/114
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
arb2040

Post by arb2040 »

Also 'desperately' awaiting this! Have written my own software (PHP) and wish to communicate directly with my Tellstick Net.
decharre

Post by decharre »

Hi, anyone succeeded in doing this ? I am also in desperate need to switch my devices locally.
Txs,
Dirk