Installation of Waveman 32-6453

Moderator: Telldus

tridy

Installation of Waveman 32-6453

Post by tridy »

Since I already own Waveman remote control and a couple of power plugs that I can control with it, I decided to get an extra Waveman 32-6453 (just a switch -- no dimming functionality) device to be able to switch on and off the lights with the same remote and TellStick. The problem however is that I only have a usual one wire coming down to the switch.

So before doing that, I got a spare lamp on a wire, some extra wires and sat on the floor tried to the chain to work. I spend a couple of hours trying to figure out how it works. After I push the button on remote control, it makes a tick but the lamp does not go on. And the Waveman 32-6453 manual does not give me much help. It has some instructions and a schema but I can't really figure it out:

Could someone please draw a bit more detailed schema on how to make the device work, please (what to connect to N, L, D1, D2) :help: . I tried to ask at ClasOhlson but they told that only a certified electrician has a right to suggest, so they were not allowed to help :banghead: . What might be happening is that the device might just not work and I need to replace it. Or how can I actually test if the device is faulty or not.

here is what I have tried and it did not work for me:

So, could someone help me with this one, please.
[tridy]
krambriw

Re: Installation of Waveman 32-6453

Post by krambriw »

Good news is that your device is "clicking" when you operate it with the remote, it is still working & not broken :D

If you look carefully in the picture you made and look how the lamp is connected, I think you have partly connected it wrong.
One side is correctly connected to D2 but the other end to L. It should be N

Best regards, Walter
tridy

Post by tridy »

Hi, Thanks for the answer.

I have tried in the first place and it did not work
+ to L
- to N
lamp to D2 and N

I am a bit puzzled about the manual. It says first to connect the mains to N and L accordingly, then from the drawing in the manual connect the lamp to D2 and N. But why does it show L and D1 with 220-240, since I am already connected 220-240 to L and N?
[tridy]
tridy

Post by tridy »

I gave up today and went to Clas Ohlson for exchange. I got 32-6451 which is the same thing but with a manual switch as well. This model however has a much better diagram on how to connect, which worked for me an my lamp works now:

I am positive that I have tried it on the previous device and it did not work, so it was indeed a faulty device.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions and help. Now it's the time to make it work with Tellstick :).

P.S. If you'd have to choose between Waveman at ClasOhlson and Nexa at Kjell, I would recommend to go with Nexa.
[tridy]