Outlet 312538 with tellstick duo

Moderator: Telldus

nielsdybdahl

Outlet 312538 with tellstick duo

Post by nielsdybdahl »

I have a tellstick duo and now I want to add a Telldus outlet (312638) which has one button.
But I can not figure how to combine those two. If I press the button on the outlet for three seconds, then it starts blinking. I guess that is a kind of pairing.
What should I do in Tellduscenter in order to configure the outlet? Select a Proove autolearning outlet? That does not seem to work immediately. I guess I am missing something.
I have made the Tellduscenter work with the Tellstick duo to contact a Telldus temperature sensor, so I am sure that the software and the Tellstick are working.
etompau

Re: Outlet 312538 with tellstick duo

Post by etompau »

nielsdybdahl

Post by nielsdybdahl »

Thanks for the guide on how to install tellduscenter and how to configure a Chacon Code Switch.
But as I mentioned I have already installed tellduscenter and it has already communicated with my Telldus temperature sensor, so the only new thing in the guide you link to, is that I need to select a Chacon Code Switch when I want to communicate with my Telldus Outlet. In my mind this makes absolute no sense to set up an Outlet as if it is a Switch from a completely different company.
nielsdybdahl

Post by nielsdybdahl »

Found the solution: I was running TellstickCenter as a normal user on Ubuntu. I had to run it with root privileges in order for it to update the configuration file.
BTW I have configured the Telldus Outlet 312538 as a Proove Autolearning Outlet and that works.