Tellstick net flashing blue

Moderator: Telldus

Fredrik13

Tellstick net flashing blue

Post by Fredrik13 »

Hi
The last few days I've had some trouble with my Tellstick and switches. It started with a nwr-1000 that stopped working. The switch is triggered by a motion detector, and is connected to an existing wall-switch. My gf plugged a hairdryer into the socket in the bathroom lamp that the switch controls. When I tried to use the wall-switch the light flicked, but never came on. I removed the nexa switch and the light works. I have the same setup in the hall, and the day after the same happened there. Nothing happens when the motion detector is triggered or when using the Telldus Live. I checked my Tellstick and it flashes blue all the time. I can turn on and off lights that are close to it, but not lights that are farther away.
I took the Tellstick to another location I have and it seemed fine. No flashing. Took the antenna off; no flashing.

I have also rebooted the tellstick and my router. It seems something is sending constantly to the tellstick, so I have turned off the fuses in all the rooms where there are anything conneted to the system, and ignored all sensors. Same result: The tellstick keeps flashing.

I really need some help or tips here, or I am gonna throw it all out. :-)
etompau

Re: Tellstick net flashing blue

Post by etompau »

I guess you have a "hanging transmitter". Remove the batteries from your transmitters/sensor and watch when the flashing blue light goes out.
A hanging transmitters is not very common but sometimes it might happen, then it blocks the transmission from the Tellstick.
Fredrik13

Post by Fredrik13 »

That is my thought as well. I don't have any transmitters with batteries, apart from wireless wallswitches and motion detectors. None of these are registered in Telldus Live, but can they screw up the Tellstick anyway? I thought the signals from these went straight to the switches and not to the Tellstick?
I have pulled the fuses to almost all the rooms where I have transmitters, so none of the transmitters have power. I would guess the Tellstick should stop blinking? There is only one place I have not done this, but the lights works as they should there. I will try there too. It seems like the Tellstick has been stuck with the constant signals in, and does not get new info from the transmitters. Is there a way to reset it and make it read the input again? Will the Tellstick stop blinking if I find a transmitter that is stuck and turn it off?
etompau

Post by etompau »

It' doesn't matter if the transmitter is registered in Telldus Live or not, if the transmitter is stuck, the transmissions will screw up all the transmission to and from the Tellstick.
The fault is not in the Tellstick Net unit. Find the faulty transmitter, fix the fault and your system will work again.
Also I think you mix up things here, no transmitters are affected if you pull a fuse, it's the wall or socket receiver that is affected by this,
Fredrik13

Post by Fredrik13 »

Ok, thank you. With transmitters you mean remote controls, motion detectors, wireless wallswitches, and not the switches that are connected to the lamps? My tellstick has detected a couple of temperature sensors that are not ours. I guess it could be one of these too.....
I will look at all my transmitters tonight and post my findings
etompau

Post by etompau »

Yes that's correct, no 433 MHz wall switches etc have a transmitter function (only receiver).
Fredrik13

Post by Fredrik13 »

UPDATE
I did find the culprit, and it was like etompau said; a transmitter in form of a motion detector that was constantly sending. I changed the batteries and it has worked since.