Trouble with lamp and WMR-1000

Moderator: Telldus

Fredrik13

Trouble with lamp and WMR-1000

Post by Fredrik13 »

I am having trouble with getting a lamp to work with the receivers. The setup is as follows. The lamp is a low-voltage lamp with a transformator built in. It is connected to a dimmer wall switch. I connected the wmr-1000 on/off switch with L and N from the roof on the correct side of the wmr-1000 and the lamp to the other side. I also had a motion detector controlling the on/off function.
The problem is that it worked perfect for 30 minutes, then it stopped working. It has 180 volts from the roof.
It is the second time it happens. I had a Telldus on/off switch connected first, but the same thing happened. It seems something is killing the Nexa/Telldus switches.

I have the same setup in another room, but with a 230v lamp and that works.

Does anybody have any thoughts to why this happens?
etompau

Re: Trouble with lamp and WMR-1000

Post by etompau »

What kind of transformer is it? If it's an ordinary iron core transformer it might be voltage spikes, induced when the lamp is switched off, have killed the receiver.
Fredrik13

Post by Fredrik13 »

It is a KTB-105 35-105w transformer. Will it help to put the receiver before the dimmer switch instead of between switch and lamp? I can of course measure the voltage when the lamp is switched on and off before connecting the receiver.
etompau

Post by etompau »

OK, it's hard to say what goes wrong. Perhaps you could test the WMR-1000 and see if it works with an ordinary lamp. If it doesn't, then you know that your set-up in some way kills the receiver.
Also, the receiver should be connected before the dimmer, not after. Mains-->WMR-1000-->dimmer---->transformer--->load