433Mhz or Z-wave compatible in-wall switch for 230V Leds?

Moderator: Telldus

Nautilus

433Mhz or Z-wave compatible in-wall switch for 230V Leds?

Post by Nautilus »

Hi,

I'm lookin for something that would allow me to control my terrace lights. There are currently 18 pieces of non-dimmable 4W GU10 230V Leds. The in-wall switch is connected only to live (there is neutral in the switch box but it is not connected to anything so at least the neutral going to the lights goes through from somewhere else, not sure if this prevents the use of certain products). It is ok to get rid of the switch so the solution does not need to keep the current physical switch usable. The preferred option would be to put something there behind the in-wall switch to cut the live feed of course but it needs to be compatible with leds (no blinking while off).

The lights are connected in series so the other option would be to put something behind the first light, there for sure is neutral wire, but the problem here is I currently have no idea which of the lights is first in the series and whether all wires (from switch box and to the next light) come all the way to the light or is there some junction box hidden in-wall. This I believe I can find out by going through the lights but before I do that, it is somewhat uncertain if it would fly...:) So far I've been mainly using Nexa products (easily available here from local stores) but I couldn't find any suitable for this purpose.
etompau

Re: 433Mhz or Z-wave compatible in-wall switch for 230V Leds

Post by etompau »

Perhaps the Nexa WMR-1000 could suit your needs. Neutral connection is necessary.

The lights are for sure not connected in series, so an alternative could be the Nexa LCMR-1000 relay switch (without external control).