Self Learning Plug Turns on but not off.

Moderator: Telldus

pl0nker

Self Learning Plug Turns on but not off.

Post by pl0nker »

As they were fairly cheap, I've bought some 'Energenie' remote control sockets, to work with my tellstick.net. The product code on the sockets and the remote is ener002. The first self-learning socket I tried was ecosavers, and that detects the socket and turns it on, but won't turn it off. I've tried all the others they don't even register.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix. Aside from buy a pi-mote, which apparently supports them. There is a python module with the pi-mote support, I could try and reverse engineer a code from that?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Zaman

Re: Self Learning Plug Turns on but not off.

Post by Zaman »

My suggestion is that you start by checking if there is something that could interfere with the signal (like a charger, another receiver or a transmitter of some kind) or if moving the device closer to the transmitter helps.
I've had cases with chargers connected to a receiver that were interfering so badly that I had to put an extension cord between the socket and the charger to get it to work - I could turn it on (since the charger didn't send any interfering signals at that point) but I couldn't turn it off since the signal drowned in the noise from the charger.