Nice and somfy

Moderator: Telldus

SuperCed

Nice and somfy

Post by SuperCed »

Hi,

is it possible to control my NICE portal and garage door via Tell Stick Duo ?

Where can I find information about that ?

Same question for my SOMFY blind ? Is it possible to control it ?

Thanks!
etompau

Re: Nice and somfy

Post by etompau »

A list of compatible devices: http://www.telldus.se/products/compability

Somfy is not supported, as far as I know.
Jonasbegood

Post by Jonasbegood »

Not out of the box, but you can use this as a bridge and use Nexa Switch Bell to program it.
SuperCed

Post by SuperCed »

I don't exactly understand why there is no way to program it (SOMFY or NICE) because it seems that this king of device use also 433MHz frequency.

So is it not possible because there is a lack of documentation and it's too complex to program it ?
Or is there something in the whardware which is missing in order to control these type of devices ?

How is it possible to find documentation in order to send raw bytes to these Somfy and Nice devices ?
Zaman

Post by Zaman »

Just because a device uses the same frequency as your transmitter doesn't mean that it's going to be possible to communicate with it.
A lot of manufacturers use some kind of security to minimize the risk of exploits - techniques like encryptions with fixed or rotating keys, frequency hopping and so on.
It all comes down to the producer and the application. You wouldn't want your home security system to be easily intercepted even if it uses an open frequency. The same goes for garage doors or door lock systems.

A 5 sec googling shows that the Somfy protocol doesn't encrypt the data but it uses a rotating key which means that you might have problems if you want to use transmitters to communicate with the same receiver (on the same address).