LEST-701 not (always) repeating TellStick signals

Moderator: Telldus

Blorb

LEST-701 not (always) repeating TellStick signals

Post by Blorb »

Hi,

I'm having difficulties with the Nexa LEST-701 range extender and TellStickDuo. I am trying to control a LGDR-3500 which is located about 50 meters away from the TellStick (in the garage building), and the signal seems to be good when using the extender, but for some reason the commands from TellStick aren't always re-transmitted by the LEST-701. It only retransmits them sometimes, maybe on average 1 out of 15 tries.

The LEST-701 is working fine with my remote control (PET-910) and always re-transmits it's button press signals to the receiver.

What's also strange is that the LEST-701 led blinks every time I send a signal from TellStick, but it doesn't seem to actually re-transmit anything. I know this by listening raw device events with the TellStick, so that it hears back what the repeater is re-transmitting. So every time I send a signal, the repeater blinks, but only sometimes TellStick hears the signal back. Also those are the times the receiver hears it too and switches on/off.

The same problem is with any remote receiver, not just LGDR-3500. Things also work fine when recieving data, so for example a magnetic switch signal in the garage is repeated back to TellStick every time.

My TellStick firmware is at version 12. Can anyone help? :shock:

Br,
Tuomo
Legolover

Re: LEST-701 not (always) repeating TellStick signals

Post by Legolover »

Hm, you are describing exactly what I'm experiencing too.

The LEST-701 always light up, but the LGDR-3500 does not always respond.
My LGDR giving me problems is 3-4 yrs old, but I recently installed a second brand new LGDR-3500.
The new one always responds, but long before the LED on LEST-701 lights up.
Seems like the RF receiver in the new unit is more sensitive.

This tells me that my LGDR-3500s are on the edge of the TellStick range and not completely outside the range as the LEST-701 seems to require. Here is a quote from the manual
3. LEST-701 is suggested to be installed in the place where transmission between transmitter and receiver is unreachable. Thus, LEST-701 can play the role of extender to extend code from transmitter to receiver. Otherwise, if LEST-701 installed in the place where transmission between transmitter and receiver is reachable, LEST-701 is not playing its optimal efficiency and this occupies a memory availability from limited memories spaces of LEST-701 (total 6 self program code memories).
4. If LEST-701 is installed in the range that transmission between transmitter and receiver is reachable, receiver can catch the code from transmitter and from LEST-701. Auto correction design is made in LEST-701 software. Receiver will only respond once not twice after receiving code from transmitter and LEST-701.
This is not what I thought I was getting when I purchased the LEST-701. I thought it was enhancing the signal for units already in (intermittent) range.

Seems my best option is to ditch the old LGDR-3500 and get a new one with a more sensitive receiver. I will have no further use for the LEST-701 either .. :roll: