Proove PIR Sensor - Usage

Moderator: Telldus

Harjo

Proove PIR Sensor - Usage

Post by Harjo »

Hi all

I have bought a couple of Proove PIR sensors http://www.netonnet.se/art/koppla-och-a ... 1744.3444/
But after have a closer look at the I see that they are only able to turn stuff of again after either 5 or 10 minutes (defined by jumper a setting)

This is no acceptable to me as the main reason for buying these were to save power, e.g. to turn on the light and if no movement is registered for e.g. 10-20 seconds the light should turn off again. 5 Minutes is a little long in my opinion if the main purpose is to save power.

Do you guys have any idea to accomplish this by a schedule in Tellstick.net or some other software that is Tellstick.net compatible ?

Kind Regards
Michael - Denmark
(TellStick.Net v17)
Kind Regards
Michael - Denmark
(TellStick.Net v17)
etompau

Re: Proove PIR Sensor - Usage

Post by etompau »

I have not used this particular IR detector myself, but it seems that it is possible to disable the auto off-function. If the detector then sends an off-signal when no movement is detected, you could use the event functions in Telldus Live to control your lightning.

An on-signal triggers an event and turns on selected lights, then another event is triggered by the off-signal, and by using the delay function in the event (a Pro feature) the light is switched of after the requested 20 seconds.
Harjo

Post by Harjo »

Hi etompau, thanks for the quick reply.

I have now bought a month of Pro usage, and it works as you said.
Trigger: PIR -> Action: Turn On Light -> Delay: 10 sec -> Turn Off Light.

The only odd thing is that it's quite slow to turn on the light, I can't find any reason for this settings wise.
Kind Regards
Michael - Denmark
(TellStick.Net v17)
etompau

Post by etompau »

OK, good to hear that it worked. Because of the "signal path" (rf-->Net-->Internet-->Live!-->Internet-->Net-->rf), there will always be a small delay of 2-3 seconds between sensor and switch activation.

Nexa has a similar IR-detector (LMDT-609) but with four different time-out settings (5 seconds, 1, 5 &10 minutes) perhaps this unit is more suitable for your needs? The radio commands could then go directly from IR-detector to your switches, and then avoiding the small switch-on delay.