Receiver behind light switches

Moderator: Telldus

eNRGy

Receiver behind light switches

Post by eNRGy »

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a receiver, available in the UK, that would fit behind existing light switches to turn my LED floodlights lighting on/off. Total wattage is only 60w.

I already got one of these:
http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Nexa-LCMR- ... 0#moreinfo
But with my 240v LED floodlights connected it really doesn't work. It actually makes them flash when in the off position which is really strange. The ON position works fine.. :?

I'm considering getting these:
http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Nexa-LCMR- ... er/36-4608
Without trying one I have no idea if it's going to be any better. It says "Max 1000 W resistive load (incandescent bulbs). 230 V." but that could mean anything..

Any suggestions appreciated. :)

Neil.
etompau

Re: Receiver behind light switches

Post by etompau »

The LCMR-1000 cannot be fitted behind an existing wall switch. It's simply too big.It also needs both Live and Neutral in order to work. Apart from this, itäs a good working receiver.

Nexa has recently released a new switch that might be suitable. WMR-1000 is an on/off-switch which can work together with existing wall switch. Needs bot Live and Neutral.
Don't know when it will be available in the UK though.

http://www.nexa.se/WMR-1000.htm
eNRGy

Post by eNRGy »

Hi,

The LCMR-1000 also doesn't work with the mechanical switch - I misunderstood what it was for. The WMR-1000 looks perfect but I can't see any available in the UK.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Could you recommend a retailer in Europe for the WMR-1000? I can't find anywhere. I'm probably being held back back lack of language skills. :)

Thanks.
etompau

Post by etompau »

I guess Clas Ohlson UK will sell the new WMR-1000, as they sell the Nexa range of products. Perhaps you could ask them.
Then the German electronic giant Conard AG has their own range of radio controlled switches which are compatible with the Telldus Net.

Search for "RSL" and you will quite a lot of different receivers.

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/e ... search=rsl
eNRGy

Post by eNRGy »

Hi,

Clas Ohlson do sell Nexa products but they definitely don't have the WMR-1000 (yet) - I'm a regular in one of their branches in the UK. Are they available from anywhere yet or are they not yet released?

This guy looks perfect:
http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/e ... archDetail
It connects to the mechanical switch, has proper Live and Neutral inputs and outputs and a very generous 2kw max load and the price is sensible including UK shipping.

Question: will it work directly from my existing Nexa motion sensors and remote controls or would I need the same brand? (This is not a requirement, just need to know before I order)

Thanks.
etompau

Post by etompau »

The WMR-1000 has recently been introduced on the Swedish market, and only a limited number of retailers stock the unit right now.
I'm pretty sure that Clas Ohlson sooner or later will sell the unit.

Not sure whether or not the Conrads range of products are compatible with Nexa's.
eNRGy

Post by eNRGy »

Hi,

I like the look of the Conrad one but I've spotted another problem - it's 2.5cm deep. The Nexa WMR-1000 is 1.5cm. I'm not sure there's room for that extra cm behind my light switches..

I'm going to take a chance and order one. Ultimately I want to buy lots to put behind all my light switches in the house. I suspect I'll end up waiting for the Nexa as it will fit better and be compatible with my existing motion sensors and remotes. Wonderful though my Telldus Duo is, it's too slow to have it act as a bridge between remote controls and lights.

Thanks.
zhuhaiping

Post by zhuhaiping »

Not sure whether or not the Conrads range of products are compatible with Nexa's.
The 16th China International Lighting Fair (Autumn Fair) will be held from 22-26 October, 2015 at the Guzhen Convention and Exhibition Centre in Zhongshan City, Guangdong Province.
Zaman

Post by Zaman »

Nexa and Conrad are not compatible with each other but they are both compatible with the Tellsticks (so if you want to communicate between then you'll have to go via a Tellstick Duo or Tellstick Net).
The reason for the size difference is that the Conrad device is based on a relay - the Nexa is not.
This means that you will (probabaly) not have any problems with a low energy light or a LED on the Conrad device while the Nexa is quite sensistive.