Cheap hardware shop's online?

Moderator: Telldus

simonbove

Cheap hardware shop's online?

Post by simonbove »

Hey guys..

I live in Denmark and we don't have that many shops with tellstick equipment. I have been browsing quite a bit the last few days and so far I have only found m.nu with reasonable prices and shipping prices.. One of the Swedish shops even wanted 100 dollars to ship to Denmark which is ridiculous.
m.nu had a shipping cost of 18 euro which is still expensive unless you are buying large amounts of equipment, so now I wanted to know where all of you guys buy your tellstick equipment, like wall sockets, magnetic switches and so on?

Thanks for giving your 2 cents :-)
etompau

Re: Cheap hardware shop's online?

Post by etompau »

Tellstick compatible switches and transmitters are readily available in almost all electrical and Do It Yourself stores in Sweden.
A few examples: Clas Ohlson, Jula, Bauhaus, K-Rauta, Net-on-net, Kjell & Company.

Both Clas Ohlson and Kjell & Co export to Denmark, but as you say, the shipping cost is a quit high. Kjell has a minimum order value of 1500 SEK and a shipping cost of 280 SEK. So perhaps 18€ is an reasonable prices considering that the products are low margin products and the stores normally don't handle export orders.

If you live in the Copenhagen area, you could perhaps take the train to Malmö and shop yourself?

BTW, all the wall plugs have the European grounding system (Schuko), which is not compatible with the Danish grounding system/sockets. The wall plug will fit the socket but no grounding will be available.
simonbove

Re: Cheap hardware shop's online?

Post by simonbove »

Perhaps you are right, or maybe i will make my own from ebay gear :-)

but if anyone knows about some shops on the internet with good prices, please let me know :-)