controlling 4+ units needing 24V power

Moderator: Telldus

trikola

controlling 4+ units needing 24V power

Post by trikola »

To controll my water-based floor heating I will soon use valves operated by 24V solenoids.

One option could be to buy and mount 4+ wall sockets, buy 4+ small 24V power supplies, 4+ socket receivers and put it all together.

Alternatively use a 4+ channel receiver with solenoids (Towitek f inst) and a single 24V power supply which I already have. To make the supply voltage for the receiver in case it is not 24V= is no problem.

Obviously, the second solution is preferable, but it seems there are no multi-channel receivers which conform with the tellstick net. I read something here about Towitek, that it did not work.

Any alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

Andreas, Norway
simonbove

Re: controlling 4+ units needing 24V power

Post by simonbove »

There are some relays which are working, but i have not found one with 4 where all of them are working, maximum is 3 on the same unit (what i have tried so far)
So you could just buy 2 relay board with 2 relays each and connect the power to both of them, but remember, they are almost always running on 12 volt so you need another supply for the relays, and remember to check that the relays can handle more than the standard 12 volt :)