Repeat any 433 Mhz remote

Moderator: Telldus

spaceman

Repeat any 433 Mhz remote

Post by spaceman »

Hi All

I think this would be a really useful feature if possible:

When using a tellstick duo or net to be able to take any 433mz remote capture a data packet, no need to de cypher it save that packet under a given name like a new switch for example.
When the button is pressed that packet is replayed, this then operate that device.

Using my RFXcom receiver I can see packets of data that I am sure could be replayed by the telldus platform is so much slicker.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rich
krambriw

Re: Repeat any 433 Mhz remote

Post by krambriw »

Sounds like you urgently need EventGhost

http://www.eventghost.net/

Check the forum part as well, there is already support for both TellStick and RFXCOM devices. It would be very easy to trigger something in any direction.

BR Walter
spaceman

Post by spaceman »

OK thanks

would this be a feature of the telldus product or rfxcom?

Thanks

Rich
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

None, it would be a feature of EventGhost itself if properly configured. Visit the EventGhost forum and address your Q's there if you are further interested.

BR
spaceman

Post by spaceman »

Hi Thanks for that

but I dont think I have made my point correctly.

Example

I have a 433mhz garagae door remote.

I would like a record mode in the tellstick software that captures the RF data packet when a button is pressed on my garage remote.

I now link this to a button that says play back recorded RF packet.

When i press this from the tellstick software it replays the recorded packet and operates my garage door.

Thanks

Rich
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

No it is not possible to do recordings like that.
naslund

Post by naslund »

Your garage remote is smarter than that. It uses rolling codes, so that your neighbor cant use his "tellstick" to record your remote.

A RF rx/tf could in theory function as a repeter of the signal for range, but not without the orignial remote
spaceman

Post by spaceman »

thanks
HSPalm

Post by HSPalm »

Even though you can't simply record the signals from the remote and copy them, you're always able to pair new remotes for your garage door opener. The chipset inside these remotes are cheap as chips, and really should be implemented in a later version of some telldus device. Most common chips are the PT2262 for transmitting and 2272 for receiving (and it's SC derivatives) + the keeloq thing from microchip, it's dead simple. I also want to open my garage door and lock my car while on the go...