Tellstick Net with THN132N

Moderator: Telldus

gsm

Tellstick Net with THN132N

Post by gsm »

Hi

I have a problem with an Oregon sensor, it stop updating but I get more new sensors in the list.
I have the Tellstick Net in our vacationhouse and I have a Jenkinbird sensor which work fine and I have the Oregon which also work fine until 6 november.
The last update was 6 november at 22:04
I also get, at the same location, new sensors in the list but without humidity - only temperature.
I unmark all new sensors so they are not in the list anymore.
The Oregon will not update anymore but the new sensors which are unmark will be updated.
Does anyone have the solution to get the Oregon sensor update again?

By the way I also have a Tellstick Net in our house and also the Jenkinsbird and Oregon and they all work fine.

Thank you.
gsm

Re: Tellstick Net with THN132N

Post by gsm »

Hi

Nobody have an answer so far ?
In the mean while I have 15 sensors in the list even I have 4 sensors working ! That is stranges !
And because all 15 keep updating, they stay in the list

It is now 11 hours later then I post this but now I have 2 more sensors. So now I have 15 sensors in our vacationhouse but I realy have 2 sensors.
steinarjoh@gmail.com

Post by steinarjoh@gmail.com »

my lost sensors came back after they postet the blog about the database problem "Posted: 2012-11-12 15:38"

I thing this problem relates to the problem with the servers
gsm

Post by gsm »

Hi

Thank´s for notice me about the blog but if this cause the problem then it should be fixed on November 12 but today I get a new sensor in the list so now I have 18 sensors in the list.
I have 5 marked and 13 unmarked.
3 marked sensors and all 13 unmarked sensors come from our vacationhouse. The other 2 marked sensors are in our main-house
I know that unmarked sensors will automaticly removed from the list if they are not updated for ± one week but all my sensors, the marked and unmarked, will updating so they stay in the list and that is very confusing.
The type of all unmarked sensors are fineoffset and that must be the Jenkinsbird sensor. I have 2 of them in our vacationhouse and 1 Oregon THN132N sensor.
If someone know how to remove them from the list I appreciate that.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

gsm wrote:If someone know how to remove them from the list I appreciate that.
Click the edit button and uncheck "show in list".
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
gsm

Post by gsm »

I did that many times.
Like I wrote I unmarked (uncheck) all new coming sensors but all sensors, including the 13 unmarked (unchecked), are up-to-date so they stay in the list when I click the edit button.
If it is not possible to remove them manual maybe it is something for a new software update because it is confusing.
I have official 5 sensors, 3 Jenkinsbird and 2 Oregon, but I have totally 18 up-to-date senors in the list.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

What is the problem if they are hidden from the interface? That is why you uncheck the checkbox, so they are hidden.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
gsm

Post by gsm »

By it self it is not a real problem but I get more and more sensors in the unchecked list and they stay there because they are updating constantly so that list is going to longer and longer.
That confuse me and when it is possible to remove them manually I can clear everything
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

I still don't see why it is confusing to have something in a list you don't see?
Removing them wouldn't solve anything anyway. As you said, they are active so they will just show up again after a couple of minutes.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
steinarjoh@gmail.com

Post by steinarjoh@gmail.com »

The problem is that it seems like there are "ghost" sensors out there.
I have found that most probably it's the Jenkinsbird sensors that report incorrect values.
Why this happens I don't know. I have new batteries inside (lithium) and should work fine. I don't see that I loose connection with any of them.
The jenkinsbird works a bit different from others: it calculate i ID itself and this is detected by the tellstick. Every time you take out the battey it will have a new id.
Other sensores you have the possibility to choose housecode and/or channel.
The sensor "fineoffset" is reportet both by the jenkinsbird and the prologue. The prologue is not supportet but is detected with a static value of -204.7°C.

There is no way to remove a sensor that keeps sending value now and then. You just have to hide it from the list.

Test this weekend also shows that sensors having channel setting (manually) are limited to 4 sensors at the same type.
For jenkinsbird it seems like there is no limit since the code is generated by the sensor itself.
For me this shows that i'm only able to have 4 UPM/EPIC sensores but more the 4 Jenkinsbird.
If the prologue sensore ever is to be supported I guess it will be a limit of 3 since they have only three channels.
oystein

Post by oystein »

In my setup, I have two Jenkinsbird sensors and three Oregon sensors (two THGN132N and one THN122N). The Jenkinsbird sensors works well, but all the oregon sensors stops updating after a couple of days after resetting the router and Tellstick net.
All sensors are new and have new batteries. Is there a solution to solve this problem.
gsm

Post by gsm »

I think you right, it must be "ghost sensors" with other ID´s because I have 2 Jenkinsbird and one Oregon working in our vacationhouse in Sweden and the house is stand alone. The neighbours are ±500 meter away. I was there in Oktober and I am coming back in May so I did not do anything nor replace batteries.
All sensors, hidden en listed, report correct values so that is not the problem but it is confusing because I do not know if I uncheck the correct sensor.
They all have differnt ID´s and all, except the Oregon, report fineoffset.
I check it again a few minutes ago and now I have 17 senosrs in the list. From those 17 are 12 in the hidden list ("ghost sensors") and 3 out of 12 are still updating, the other 9 stop updating since yesterday. That also mean that 1 is removed from the hidden list, when I do not know.
Maybe I should not worry so much about the hidden list but if they keep updating they stay in the list and if there come more "ghost senors" and they all keep updating the hidden list getting longer and longer and that worries me and therefor I ask this question.
But as I wrote maybe I should not worry so much and if the list is growing and growing it be so. Waiting untill they, hopefully, will be remove.
As long as it does not involve the correct sensors and there value.
aarvidsson

Post by aarvidsson »

It is the Jenkinsbird that goes bazonkas and reports several IDs. In my case I have a theory that it either has to do with cold or distance (my outhose is 20 meters away on my property and lacks any insulation whatsoever). When I have the Jenkinsbird beside me at the table it works like a charm for days, but putting it out in the outhouse things start to crap out in a few hours. The only thing that removes the sensors is a restart och telldusd (I'm on Linux), might this be a work-around of sorts for you?
gsm

Post by gsm »

Thank´s but that solution is not for me because I am 1400km away from our vacation house. :D
The Jenkinsbird is inside and ±10 meter from the tellstick net so that also can not be the problem.
Now that I read everything I think I have to exept the "ghost sensors" and hope they disappear after a while or remove them in May when I am in the vacation house and be able to restart tellstick net if that is possible in some kind of way because there is some power faillure but that does nelp to remove the unchecked sensors so maybe you mean something else with restart.
Sprocki62

Post by Sprocki62 »

Hi gsm,
I think aarvidsson is talking about the telldus daemon running on a Linux system.
If you have remote access to your server in your vacation house it would be pretty easy to restart the daemon...
You should find a startup script like this: -> /etc/init.d/telldusd
If you type this as a root user without any parameters it would show up like:
root@ubuntu10:/# /etc/init.d/telldusd
Usage: /etc/init.d/telldusd {start|stop|force-stop|restart|force-reload|status}
root@ubuntu10:/#

So you can easily restart the telldus daemon using /etc/init.d/telldusd stop and restart it with /etc/init.d/telldusd start
After that your "ghost sensors" are not longer shown when you type tdtool -l to show up the list of devices and sensors.

root@ubuntu10:/# tdtool -l
Number of devices: 7
1 xxx OFF
2 xxx0 ON
3 xxx1 ON
4 xxx2 ON
5 xxx3 OFF
6 xxx4 ON
7 xxx5 OFF

SENSORS:

PROTOCOL MODEL ID TEMP HUMIDITY LAST UPDATED
fineoffset temperaturehumidity 255 -20.4° 255% 2012-11-23 20:41:05