Dimming device with 0 -10 V output

Moderator: Telldus

xsail

Dimming device with 0 -10 V output

Post by xsail »

I have been looking for dimmer for 12 V  DC LED stripes that work with 433.92 MHz frequency or even with ready Tellstick support.
Haven't been too lucky so far. There are plenty of dimmers that takes in 0 -10 V signal and so I was wandering does anyone know if there
is RF controllable device that has 0-10 V output and could be used with tellstick?
jarpatus

Re: Dimming device with 0 -10 V output

Post by jarpatus »

xsail wrote:I have been looking for dimmer for 12 V DC LED stripes that work with 433.92 MHz frequency or even with ready Tellstick support.
Haven't been too lucky so far. There are plenty of dimmers that takes in 0 -10 V signal and so I was wandering does anyone know if there
is RF controllable device that has 0-10 V output and could be used with tellstick?
Anyone? I'm trying to find any reasonably priced way to control my 1-10V dimmable fluorescent tubes wirelessly, but no luck whatsoever.

If there are no existing products, is there any interest trying to DIY this kind of device? I'm seriously thinking about it. Shouldn't be impossible or very pricy - what does it even need? Powert supply, PIC-controller, RF receiver and digital or electromechanic potentiometer depending on needs? And of course some software. Any competent electronics engineers willing to help out on this?
pepan

Post by pepan »

Hi.

I was also looking for this and found a swedish company that has made a version of NEXA RF Dimmer for LED
http://www.molectric.com/p1274/NEXA-Tra ... _info.html
But it's quite pricey...

It is also available at NEXAs homepage http://www.nexa.se/Mottagare-fast-installation-2.htm (at the bottom)
So you might find it at your local NEXA seller.

Haven't tested it myself, but should work with any NEXA controller and Tellstick.
jarpatus

Post by jarpatus »

Nice find, seems to be just what I need! A bit pricey though, don't know if DIYing similar device would still be cheaper (and more fun of course)...
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Also LED lamps are very costly, are they not?
jarpatus

Post by jarpatus »

krambriw wrote:Also LED lamps are very costly, are they not?
Yeah proper leds suitable for general lighting (CRI, lumens) are expensive. However 0-10V and 1-10V dimming interfaces are not only for leds, but also for ie. fluorescent tubes. Of course luminaires, dimmable fluorescent ballasts and good tubes also do cost a lot of money, but I already have those and need just 1-10V dimmer...