Tellstick (old one) and signal reliability

Moderator: Telldus

geirgp

Tellstick (old one) and signal reliability

Post by geirgp »

Hi,

I own an older Tellstick (w/o external antenna) which I purchased 1-2 years ago, and I've recently started migrating from Waveman to Nexa dimmers in order to set absolute dim levels (http://www.nexa.se/LWMR-230-Inbyggnadsmottagare-2.htm )

I don't konw if Nexa receivers are more sensitive than Waveman reveivers, but this change has unfortunately caused some problems with signal reliability for some of the Nexa dimmers that are located farthest away from the Tellstick USB device. Too often (~3 out of 4 times) simple on/off commands do not get through to these devices, even though the distance is not more than 6-7metres from the Tellstick. Using physical switches works throughout the entire house though, and

Does it sound like my Tellstick is not performing as expected? (I think so at least...) Could it be that I have one of the "bad" batches of Tellstick devices which there was a lot of talk about on this forum a while back?

What can I do to improve the signal from the Tellstick, is there perhaps an antennamod? Or could I perhaps get a discount on the Duo? :)

Thanks,

Geir

edit: added link to the nexa dimmer i'm using
micke.prag
Site Admin

Re: Tellstick (old one) and signal reliability

Post by micke.prag »

From our FAQ:
A few TellStick from Batches 7 - 10 are having range problems. If you are experiencing range problems then send an email with your address, batch number, and place of purchase to rma@telldus.se in order to exchange your TellStick.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
geirgp

Post by geirgp »

Thank's for your prompt response, Mike. My Tellstick is from batch 9, so I'll be in touch.

Geir
micke_

Post by micke_ »

I'm having the same problem, with a batch 12 stick. It's not more than 10-12 meters, so a bit further but still in a valid range imo. It works occasionally. Could mine tellstick be effected as well?