PHP interface for TellStick, HomeAutomation v2.0.2 released!

Moderator: Telldus

tom_rosenback

Re: PHP interface for TellStick, HomeAutomation v1.2.2 relea

Post by tom_rosenback »

HomeAutomation v1.2.2 is now available for downloading at http://karpero.mine.nu/ha

This is a bugfix release + some GUI layout fixes that we thanks to your comments and feedback have been able to find, thank you! This will most likely we be the last release of the v1.2.x series unless some major bug is found

What has happened in v1.2.2
- [Mobile] Mobile GUI
- [General] Saving the first scenario gives the impression that it is selected
- [General] Remove root_url from config since this isn´t needed.
- [Tdtool] Add more debug messages when toggling devices
- [General] Move all.css to subfolder
- [Scheduler] Change sort order of schedules for better readability
- [General] Add config_default.php including default values for fallback
- [Mobile] Theme doesn´t seem to have affect on page
- [Languages] Wrong variable name in install_en.php
- [Help] Remove link Mobile to Full (and vice versa) from Help

Check Mantis for further details.

The next release on our todo list is v2.0, here we will in principle only focus on the scheduler. It will be more or less totally rebuilt with new functions as random on/off, wakeup-light, abs dimmer levels and lots more. The release date is at this point very hard to estimate but I will keep you informed about the progress.
//Tom

Senaste info och release om/av HomeAutomation hittas här http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
Latest info and release of HomeAutomation can be found here http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
pumo

Post by pumo »

How homeautomation uses 1wire ?
will it work with owfs ?
I have installed owfs to debian and use it allready with my own tempgraphing withs sql.
or maybe even possible to read other table from same mysql server temperature data ?
tom_rosenback

Post by tom_rosenback »

pumo wrote:How homeautomation uses 1wire ?
will it work with owfs ?
I have installed owfs to debian and use it allready with my own tempgraphing withs sql.
or maybe even possible to read other table from same mysql server temperature data ?
Hi!

I´m sure HomeAutomation will work with owfs, it might need some job though. Today HomeAutomation uses a Mysql table, 'temps', where all the temperature readings are stored. I don´t know how owfs stores the data but I suppose either owfs or HomeAutomation needs to be changed to start working together. Please let me know how you store your data today.
//Tom

Senaste info och release om/av HomeAutomation hittas här http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
Latest info and release of HomeAutomation can be found here http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
pumo

Post by pumo »

it just my own made owfs to mysql with php :-)
I made php script which reads owfs once in minute and stores it to mysql, and another script makes graph every 15mins with jpgraph.

table structure is this (output from phpmyadmin):

Code: Select all

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

--
-- Database: `mittailut`
--

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Table structure for table `temps`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `temps` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `ulko` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `olohuone` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `ilpin` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `ilpout` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `pannuh` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `pannuhk` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `sauna` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `autotalli` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `takavarasto` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `alaskuri` decimal(10,0) NOT NULL,
  `blaskuri` decimal(10,0) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=343417 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `temps`
--

INSERT INTO `temps` (`id`, `date`, `ulko`, `olohuone`, `ilpin`, `ilpout`, `pannuh`, `pannuhk`, `sauna`, `autotalli`, `takavarasto`) VALUES
(1, '2010-03-31 08:53:21', 0.12, 22.81, 24.69, 37.31, 24.31, 27.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);

tom_rosenback

Post by tom_rosenback »

pumo wrote:it just my own made owfs to mysql with php :-)
I made php script which reads owfs once in minute and stores it to mysql, and another script makes graph every 15mins with jpgraph.

table structure is this (output from phpmyadmin):

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

--
-- Database: `mittailut`
--

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Table structure for table `temps`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `temps` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `ulko` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `olohuone` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `ilpin` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `ilpout` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `pannuh` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `pannuhk` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `sauna` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `autotalli` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `takavarasto` float(4,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  `alaskuri` decimal(10,0) NOT NULL,
  `blaskuri` decimal(10,0) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=343417 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `temps`
--

INSERT INTO `temps` (`id`, `date`, `ulko`, `olohuone`, `ilpin`, `ilpout`, `pannuh`, `pannuhk`, `sauna`, `autotalli`, `takavarasto`) VALUES
(1, '2010-03-31 08:53:21', 0.12, 22.81, 24.69, 37.31, 24.31, 27.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);

Okay, that looks like something that could easily be made working with HomeAutomation. Do you have lot of data already, or have you just started logging?

The table in HomeAutomation looks like this

CREATE TABLE `temps` (                                                                  
          `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,                                        
          `sensor_serial` char(24) COLLATE latin1_general_ci DEFAULT NULL,                      
          `temp_c` float DEFAULT NULL,                                                          
          `date` datetime DEFAULT NULL,                                                         
          PRIMARY KEY (`id`),                                                                   
          KEY `date` (`date`)                                                                   
        )
This way you get one row per temperature reading, one sensor per row. I would suggest that you made your script log into this table and then you would get automatically graphs from HomeAutomation. With this table structure you don´t have to edit the table everytime you add a new sensor, just log it :D The name of the sensors are then configured in HomeAutomation.

Would you mind sharing your script with me/the users of HomeAutomation? I know a few users who would be happy to be able to use this script.
//Tom

pumo

Post by pumo »

I all ready have about 350 000 records in temps table, once in a minute since 31.3.2010.

design your table is bit different not sensor spesific columns like mine so it would be difficult to change my own.
I'll check sometimes if is it possible to convert my own measures match like homeautomation.
thanks anyway.
Pal

Post by Pal »

Hello!

I installed HomeAutomation 2.2 on a Hyper-V virtual Windows 2008 R2 Server with IIS 7 and PHP 5.3.3, connecting to MySQL 5.1.53 on another Hyper-V virtual Windows 2008 R2 Server on the same physical host. The Tellstick is connected to the physical host and shared to the virtual machine using the Fabulatech USB over Network solution.

The Tellstick works fine, and the HomeAutomation setup process works fine all the way to the "Delete install directory". When clicking the button, it said it couldn't delete the install directory (all permissions were fine though). So, I deleted it manually. The button still replied the same thing. So, I enabled the "Finish installation" button by editing the DOM.

After that (when I assume it is supposed to go to the actual page for the first time?), I got this error:

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' false, true) AS active, e.ipaddress, u.username, d.description FROM even' at line 1
SELECT e.status, IF(dt.type = 'absdimmer', e.dimlevel, 0) AS dimlevel, e.timestamp, IF(TIMESTAMPDIFF(HOUR, e.timestamp, now()) >= , false, true) AS active, e.ipaddress, u.username, d.description FROM events e LEFT JOIN users u ON e.userid = u.id INNER JOIN devices d ON d.id = e.device_id INNER JOIN devicetypes dt ON dt.id = d.type ORDER BY e.id DESC LIMIT 5
I found the query on line 533 in dbfunction.php. The line looks like this:

$query = "	SELECT e.status, IF(dt.type = 'absdimmer', e.dimlevel, 0) AS dimlevel, e.timestamp, IF(TIMESTAMPDIFF(HOUR, e.timestamp, now()) >= ".$_SESSION[CFG_SESSION_KEY]["settings"]["hoursstatusactive"].", false, true) AS active, e.ipaddress, u.username, d.description 
					FROM events e 
					LEFT JOIN users u ON e.userid = u.id 
					INNER JOIN devices d ON d.id = e.device_id 
					INNER JOIN devicetypes dt ON dt.id = d.type";
Apparently, the session variable $_SESSION[CFG_SESSION_KEY]["settings"]["hoursstatusactive"] returned nothing.

I added this after the session_start(); line in index.php:

$_SESSION['favcolor'] = 'green';
echo($_SESSION["favcolor"]);
and it output "green" before the error messages. So, PHP_SESSION was working. php_info() also said that session is loaded.

I checked the settings table in the database, and there was no hoursstatusactive row. I added this:

INSERT INTO `homeautomation`.`settings` (`id`,`name`,`grouping`,`label`,`value`,`type`,`sort`) VALUES (NULL,'hoursstatusactive','infobox','hoursstatusactive','3','text','126');
And then it started to work.

Just thought I'd let you know. I guess an easy and nice way to solve it is to give the hoursstatusactive a reasonable default, and maybe also add it in the database if it's not there.

The setup process asks for the JT.EXE path, but doesn't say that it should be the directory path, and not a path including the JT.EXE file itself. It will let you know this when you open the page at the first time after setup, but then you need to find the row in the database to fix it. A comment in the setup would be a good thing (or make it recognize both ways).

And at last, my actual question: I see no devices. Am I supposed to do something more to get the device into HomeAutomation? The Telldus stuff is already configured to share the devices to all users (to get it to work nicely with the Fabulatech service).

Regards
/P
tom_rosenback

Post by tom_rosenback »

Pal wrote:Hello!

I installed HomeAutomation 2.2 on a Hyper-V virtual Windows 2008 R2 Server with IIS 7 and PHP 5.3.3, connecting to MySQL 5.1.53 on another Hyper-V virtual Windows 2008 R2 Server on the same physical host. The Tellstick is connected to the physical host and shared to the virtual machine using the Fabulatech USB over Network solution.

The Tellstick works fine, and the HomeAutomation setup process works fine all the way to the "Delete install directory". When clicking the button, it said it couldn't delete the install directory (all permissions were fine though). So, I deleted it manually. The button still replied the same thing. So, I enabled the "Finish installation" button by editing the DOM.

After that (when I assume it is supposed to go to the actual page for the first time?), I got this error:

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' false, true) AS active, e.ipaddress, u.username, d.description FROM even' at line 1
SELECT e.status, IF(dt.type = 'absdimmer', e.dimlevel, 0) AS dimlevel, e.timestamp, IF(TIMESTAMPDIFF(HOUR, e.timestamp, now()) >= , false, true) AS active, e.ipaddress, u.username, d.description FROM events e LEFT JOIN users u ON e.userid = u.id INNER JOIN devices d ON d.id = e.device_id INNER JOIN devicetypes dt ON dt.id = d.type ORDER BY e.id DESC LIMIT 5
I found the query on line 533 in dbfunction.php. The line looks like this:

$query = "	SELECT e.status, IF(dt.type = 'absdimmer', e.dimlevel, 0) AS dimlevel, e.timestamp, IF(TIMESTAMPDIFF(HOUR, e.timestamp, now()) >= ".$_SESSION[CFG_SESSION_KEY]["settings"]["hoursstatusactive"].", false, true) AS active, e.ipaddress, u.username, d.description 
					FROM events e 
					LEFT JOIN users u ON e.userid = u.id 
					INNER JOIN devices d ON d.id = e.device_id 
					INNER JOIN devicetypes dt ON dt.id = d.type";
Apparently, the session variable $_SESSION[CFG_SESSION_KEY]["settings"]["hoursstatusactive"] returned nothing.

I added this after the session_start(); line in index.php:

$_SESSION['favcolor'] = 'green';
echo($_SESSION["favcolor"]);
and it output "green" before the error messages. So, PHP_SESSION was working. php_info() also said that session is loaded.

I checked the settings table in the database, and there was no hoursstatusactive row. I added this:

INSERT INTO `homeautomation`.`settings` (`id`,`name`,`grouping`,`label`,`value`,`type`,`sort`) VALUES (NULL,'hoursstatusactive','infobox','hoursstatusactive','3','text','126');
And then it started to work.

Just thought I'd let you know. I guess an easy and nice way to solve it is to give the hoursstatusactive a reasonable default, and maybe also add it in the database if it's not there.

The setup process asks for the JT.EXE path, but doesn't say that it should be the directory path, and not a path including the JT.EXE file itself. It will let you know this when you open the page at the first time after setup, but then you need to find the row in the database to fix it. A comment in the setup would be a good thing (or make it recognize both ways).

And at last, my actual question: I see no devices. Am I supposed to do something more to get the device into HomeAutomation? The Telldus stuff is already configured to share the devices to all users (to get it to work nicely with the Fabulatech service).

Regards
/P
I suppose you mean 1.2.2, not 2.2 ;)

Seems like your installation is corrupted, 'hoursstatusactive' SHOULD be in the settings table after completed installation, also jtbinpath SHOULD be there. Both of these should then be seen under Configuration => Settings. (If you check the sql files in the installation folder you will see).

So I would suggest that you download the ZIP package again and do a complete reinstallation, download it from the link in my signature.

Yes you should see the devices in HomeAutomation already in one of the steps in the installation, if you have configured the path to tdtool correctly, but as jtbinpath also was missing I´m afraid tdtool isn´t working either.
//Tom

Pal

Post by Pal »

I know it should be there (I checked the files), but it wasn't. A bunch of other settings were there though.

jtbinpath was there, but I set it to C:\Program Files (x86)\jt.exe in stead of just C:\Program Files (x86). The setup didn't warn me about this, and there was no comment telling me which variant it wanted. When going to the site after setup, it did warn me however, and I could change it in the database.

I couldn't change it on the settings page, since I didn't have any Configuration - Settings page yesterday. Under Configuration I only had devices, house plan and scenarios. Today I have user and settings links as well. Don't know why that changed, but today I had to login and yesterday I didn't. Could that be why user and settings wasn't there? Yesterday I was on the local network, and now I am at work. Could that be why I didn't have to login yesterday? Or did the setup process log me in? Yesterday the interface was in English, today it is in Swedish. Could that make any difference?

And I know I could always just reinstall the whole thing, but then I wouldn't be able to give you the feedback. And I don't want things just to work, I'm nerd enough to want to know why they don't work. :)

The tdtoolpath is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telldus. Looks right to me? There was no devices mentioned during the setup process. But the Telldus Center is working fine, so the device is there allright.
tom_rosenback

Post by tom_rosenback »

Pal wrote:I know it should be there (I checked the files), but it wasn't. A bunch of other settings were there though.

jtbinpath was there, but I set it to C:\Program Files (x86)\jt.exe in stead of just C:\Program Files (x86). The setup didn't warn me about this, and there was no comment telling me which variant it wanted. When going to the site after setup, it did warn me however, and I could change it in the database.
Ok I see. Yes, we should have better checks on what the user is entering in the input boxes.
Pal wrote: I couldn't change it on the settings page, since I didn't have any Configuration - Settings page yesterday. Under Configuration I only had devices, house plan and scenarios. Today I have user and settings links as well. Don't know why that changed, but today I had to login and yesterday I didn't. Could that be why user and settings wasn't there? Yesterday I was on the local network, and now I am at work. Could that be why I didn't have to login yesterday? Or did the setup process log me in? Yesterday the interface was in English, today it is in Swedish. Could that make any difference?
As you were on your local network it logged you in as the 'local' user, which doesn´t have as much rights as an 'admin' user. This is why you didn´t see the links to 'User management' and 'Settings'. The language is dependent on your browser settings, so you probably have swedish as the first language at home and english at work.
Pal wrote: And I know I could always just reinstall the whole thing, but then I wouldn't be able to give you the feedback. And I don't want things just to work, I'm nerd enough to want to know why they don't work. :)

The tdtoolpath is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telldus. Looks right to me? There was no devices mentioned during the setup process. But the Telldus Center is working fine, so the device is there allright.
Try changing the long paths to the shorthand versions, eg C:\Program Files (x86)\Telldus to C:\Progra~1\Telldus. To be able to do this you need to be logged in as your admin user, if you are already logged in with the local account just logout and log back in. After that goto Configuration - Manage devices, and click "Update from Tellstick". If you still don´t get any devices in the list, try enabling debug mode under Settings, now you should see in logs folder a file named logs.txt, check that out.

If it still doesn´t work you could try to manually do a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Telldus\tdtool --l" in the command prompt and see if you get the device list there.

About the deletion of the install folder. I have noticed this myself also and the problem seems to be that the check if the folder really was deleted has been done too fast causing the script to believe that the folder still is there. Clicking once again on delete has always worked, have to put som delay in there.
//Tom

Pal

Post by Pal »

Thanks, then I got answers to all my questions.

Which leads me to ask new ones.

I changed the tdtoolpath to C:\Progra~2\Telldus and updated from Tellstick, but still no devices. I can't find anything about debug on the settings page, but if you give me what to put in the settings table in the database, I can turn it on that way.

How do I access the log file from web (if it's possible)? http://host.com/homeautomation/logs/logs.txt gives me a 404. But it might not be there while debug is not on?

/P
tom_rosenback

Post by tom_rosenback »

Pal wrote:Thanks, then I got answers to all my questions.

Which leads me to ask new ones.

I changed the tdtoolpath to C:\Progra~2\Telldus and updated from Tellstick, but still no devices. I can't find anything about debug on the settings page, but if you give me what to put in the settings table in the database, I can turn it on that way.

How do I access the log file from web (if it's possible)? http://host.com/homeautomation/logs/logs.txt gives me a 404. But it might not be there while debug is not on?

/P
You should have a row with 'debug' in the 'name' field of the settings table, if not execute the following query

insert  into `settings`(`name`,`grouping`,`label`,`value`,`type`,`sort`) values ('debug','userinterface','debugmode','1','radio',118);
Now you should see 'Debug mode' in the Settings page in the 'User interface' group, also debug mode should be active now, and in the bottom of the page you will see some debug data.

The log file you can access from http://host.com/homeautomation/logs/debug.txt. The file will be created automatically.
//Tom

Pal

Post by Pal »

I tried something similar, but set grouping to system...

Anyway, the debug setting is there, the debug data is there (in black text on black background but viewable by selecting it) and the debug file is there. And the device is there:

2010-12-01	12:45	Pal	137.61.234.225	Locking dongle
2010-12-01	12:45	Pal	137.61.234.225	Command: C:\Progra~2\Telldus/tdtool.exe --list
Output:
Number of devices: 1
3	Vardagsrumsfönstret	ON
2010-12-01	12:45	Pal	137.61.234.225	Unlocking dongle
But still no devices on the web page, nor in the database.
tom_rosenback

Post by tom_rosenback »

Pal wrote:I tried something similar, but set grouping to system...

Anyway, the debug setting is there, the debug data is there (in black text on black background but viewable by selecting it) and the debug file is there. And the device is there:

2010-12-01	12:45	Pal	137.61.234.225	Locking dongle
2010-12-01	12:45	Pal	137.61.234.225	Command: C:\Progra~2\Telldus/tdtool.exe --list
Output:
Number of devices: 1
3	Vardagsrumsfönstret	ON
2010-12-01	12:45	Pal	137.61.234.225	Unlocking dongle
But still no devices on the web page, nor in the database.
Debug.txt seems ok, must be either some database issue or text then.

Assuming you are logged in as a 'admin' user, right?

To debug more, in dbfunctions.php, you will find a function named ImportTelldusDevices (line 470), in this function you will see the following

function ImportTelldusDevices()
{
	foreach($devices as $device)
change this to

function ImportTelldusDevices()
{
	echo "<pre>Devices:";
	print_r($devices);
	echo "<pre>";

foreach($devices as $device)
Now you will see Devices: and hopefully the devices as an array on the page. Or?

Also change in includes.php

This

// error_reporting(E_ALL);
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
To this

error_reporting(E_ALL);
//error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
What does it say now?
//Tom

Pal

Post by Pal »

Allright. I'm behind an evil firewall right now, so I can't get out with ssh or rdp, but I'll continue when I get home.

Thanks!
/P