Telldus Trigger Events

Moderator: Telldus

markr

Telldus Trigger Events

Post by markr »

Hi,
I am using a Telldus TellStick Net and have two sensors and two devices which control two electric heaters. I can get things to work if I turn the heaters on/off via the Scheduler and then test using trigger events to see if the temperature is above a threshold to turn the heaters off. However, this is the only trigger event I can get to work. If I use the sensor value (and set this to be temperature) it never works. I have all combinations and the only trigger event I can get to work is when I have a time as the trigger.
The senors work on channel 1 and channel 4 and all the products are Telldus.
Does anyone have ideas as to why the Trigger Events doesn't work? Ideally I would like to use the temperature of a sensor as the trigger.

Thanks,
Mark.
etompau

Re: Telldus Trigger Events

Post by etompau »

In order for an event to trigger, the temperature value must pass the selected threshold value.
More reading http://developer.telldus.com/blog/2013/ ... boundaries
markr

Post by markr »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I think I am doing it correctly, for example if the outside temperature is 10 degrees and the rearm is set to 1 and I set the trigger to be less than 15 degrees, it still won't trigger. However, if I add a time as a trigger and the same sensor as a condition, it will trigger the response to turn the heater on.

Very confusing and I am not sure how to debug to see where the problem is.

I am using windows and Telldus Live.

Thanks
Mark.
etompau

Post by etompau »

As said, the temperature value received by the Tellstick and presented on the sensor page, must pass the threshold value. If your outdoor sensor is constantly sending a temp. value of around 10 deg, the <15 deg. event will not trigger before the sensor has sent a value of >15 and then another value <15 deg.

Good luck!
markr

Post by markr »

Ah, that I didn't realise that it needs to be primed before it will trigger. I looked at the link for how to will re-trigger but didn't see that the initialisatin also needed a trigger.

Thanks for that - makes the logic a little more confusing.

Mark