Telldus Live in Amazon Alexa

Moderator: Telldus

kimlood

Re: Telldus Live in Amazon Alexa

Post by kimlood »

kimlood wrote:
intergalactic1 wrote:hi Kimlood and Ade_leigh,

If you guys do manage to get together and work out the problem please can you post the solution for me to try.

Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan.
Hi Dan,
Feel free to contact me as well, I will try to help you as much as possible.
Hi Dan!
Me and Ade have made some progress, where are you located?
Are you in England? If so (or in Germany) what location do you have on your lamda service?
ade_leigh

Post by ade_leigh »

Hi Dan,

Kimlood was great and we had a useful Skype to work the "discover devices" problem through.

It appeared that everything i had configured was good and then it dawned on both of us that the main difference between our capabilities is that he had a US version and I had a UK version.

With that said i started over with building a new Lambda and Skill. The key change was to build the Lambda in EU Ireland and NOT Virginia. Also when creating the skill use the Europe field in the ARN box and not America.

This has taken me soooo long to get working but as they say persistence pays off.

Now need to go and play and see if i can get an "all on/off" and "film" scene to work.

If you haven't started on this yet be prepared to do a lot of reading into the various aspects of account linking, lambda, skill building, role policies, login with Amazon, etc. It's worth it in the end though.

Cheers

Ade
bearson

Post by bearson »

Hi

I'm struggling with the same issue which you seem to have resolved. I've created a UK skill and I'm hosting the lambda in Ireland. When testing the lambda with a DiscoverAppliancesRequest I get a well formatted reply with my devices. I've signed up with Login with Amazon, registered an application and successfully linked my skill to the account. Despite all of this Alexa won't detect my devices. I get no lambda logs when asking Alexa to discover devices so I have no idea how to debug this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best regards
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

bearson wrote:Hi

I'm struggling with the same issue which you seem to have resolved. I've created a UK skill and I'm hosting the lambda in Ireland. When testing the lambda with a DiscoverAppliancesRequest I get a well formatted reply with my devices. I've signed up with Login with Amazon, registered an application and successfully linked my skill to the account. Despite all of this Alexa won't detect my devices. I get no lambda logs when asking Alexa to discover devices so I have no idea how to debug this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best regards
Hi Bearson,
Do you have an UK Amazon account? Or is it just the skill?
This seems to be exactly the same issue, how ever, without seeing the setup, I would recommend you to move the skill, first to the other EU option, if that dosent work, move it once more to the US option.
If that still dosent work, we can arrange a session to debug the setup..

Best regards Kim
bearson

Post by bearson »

kimlood wrote: Hi Bearson,
This seems to be exactly the same issue, how ever, without seeing the setup, I would recommend you to move the skill, first to the other EU option, if that dosent work, move it once more to the US option.

Best regards Kim
Hi kimlood,

I moved my lambda to US east and created a new US home skill. Even though I have a UK Amazon account it now works as expected. It's super cool! Thanks for your help!

Best regards
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

bearson wrote:
kimlood wrote: Hi Bearson,

Best regards Kim

Hi kimlood,

I moved my lambda to US east and created a new US home skill. Even though I have a UK Amazon account it now works as expected. It's super cool! Thanks for your help!

Best regards
Glad to hear that it works! Please keep me updated if anything is missing or not working as it should!
ade_leigh

Post by ade_leigh »

Happy bunnies all round i see.. Well done Kim for all your efforts in creating and supporting others.. I generated some groups in Telldus live with simple naming conventions and i have to say it all works brilliantly and feels very natural, unlike the Logitech implementation that feels a little clunky.
r1kkie

Post by r1kkie »

I might be stupied or something but can someone explain "Run gradle/gradlew uberjar to build a deployable package of alexa-home-telldus. This will generate a alexa-home-telldus-1.0.jar file that should be uploaded to AWS Lamda" to me? The only file that I can run is the gradlew.bat file witch does nothing. :(
kane

Post by kane »

r1kkie wrote:I might be stupied or something but can someone explain "Run gradle/gradlew uberjar to build a deployable package of alexa-home-telldus. This will generate a alexa-home-telldus-1.0.jar file that should be uploaded to AWS Lamda" to me? The only file that I can run is the gradlew.bat file witch does nothing. :(
I'm stupid too....
Please someone explain, I really want to controll my lights via Alexa.
kane

Post by kane »

kane wrote:
r1kkie wrote:I might be stupied or something but can someone explain "Run gradle/gradlew uberjar to build a deployable package of alexa-home-telldus. This will generate a alexa-home-telldus-1.0.jar file that should be uploaded to AWS Lamda" to me? The only file that I can run is the gradlew.bat file witch does nothing. :(
I'm stupid too....
Well, I got my nephew to do some stuff and he downloaded gradle from the web and managed to build a jar file which I uploaded to AWS. I create a skill after the instructions and enable one for the N. Virginia lambda and one for the irish one. No faults so far, everything looks fine. But Alexa still just find the IR stuff from Yonomi. What did I do wrong?
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

Hi, open a command prompt (cmd), move to the directory where the files are, then run the command "gradlew uberjar", that will create the jar file for you.
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

kane wrote:
I'm stupid too....
Hi, please see the comment above..
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

kane wrote:
kane wrote:
I'm stupid too....
Well, I got my nephew to do some stuff and he downloaded gradle from the web and managed to build a jar file which I uploaded to AWS. I create a skill after the instructions and enable one for the N. Virginia lambda and one for the irish one. No faults so far, everything looks fine. But Alexa still just find the IR stuff from Yonomi. What did I do wrong?
Hi, ok, there is no need to download gradle to do this. Instead, use gradlew that does what you want but you dont need to download gradle.
To help you, where is your alexa account registered? Have you tested the lamda service with a test message to see that the reply from Telldus Live works?
martikainen

Post by martikainen »

Hi Kimlood

I've run the gradlew uberjar and recieved the file alexa-home-telldus-master-1.0.jar, I've added it to the lambda management console (US-East)

These are my settings

And i've added a trigger with my application ID i got from creating "new skill" in the developer.amazon.com page

But I think i need to do something more here, or choose something different

Because when i go to "test" i cant choose "start testing this skill" and get it available at alexa.amazon.com webbpage to enable it for my alexa

Not sure whats wrong, but hopefully I've done something wrong, when i say "Alexa, discover my devices" she starts discovering and finish it, but says she couldnt find any devices.
kane

Post by kane »

kimlood wrote:
Hi, ok, there is no need to download gradle to do this. Instead, use gradlew that does what you want but you dont need to download gradle.
To help you, where is your alexa account registered? Have you tested the lamda service with a test message to see that the reply from Telldus Live works?
I keep switching between N.Virginia and Irland.
I have managed to upload the jar file 3 times so I just tested them all, in both locations and I get the same error on all of them:
"errorMessage":"Class not found:\"Telldus", "errorType":"class java.lang.ClassNotFoundException"
If I type gradlew in cmd, it starts to download something.