Problem with magnetic door/window sensor

Moderator: Telldus

Castor

Problem with magnetic door/window sensor

Post by Castor »

Hi. My sensor shows up as normal in telldus live. WHen I press the button, I receive the notification in ios app as a triggered event. When I tested it before mounting, moving the two parts close/away triggered the event. When mounted on the door, less than 10mm apart, nothing happens when I open or close the door.
What might be the problem? I used the glue cushions, so I'd rather not rip them off
etompau

Re: Problem with magnetic door/window sensor

Post by etompau »

Take a look at your Net when you trigger the door sensor, if the Net doesn't flash blue, then the signal from the sensor is not received.
Could then be a radio signal problem from sensor to Net.
Castor

Post by Castor »

Due to line of sight that is not the easiest thing to just now, but I do get the triggered warning when pressing the magnetic sensor's button.
However, the Net thing flashes red, not blue when I turn lights on and off with ios. And they work just as I've set them up to do.
etompau

Post by etompau »

Red light indicates transmission from the Net, blue light indicates incoming signal to the Net.
Perhaps something is wrong with the mounting of the magnet on the door frame (steel frame?). If you listen carefully you normally can hear a faint click when the reed relay is engage/de-engage by the magnet.