Mobile app and webpage sync

Moderator: Telldus

arvidcarlander

Mobile app and webpage sync

Post by arvidcarlander »

Hi,

I noticed that the Telldus webpage and mobile phone apps seldom agree on whether a device is on or off. Even if I refresh the mobile phone app, it sometimes still shows the device being off while Telldus webpage says the device is on.

Am I doing something wrong or are there issues with the sync of the device status across mobile phones and web page?

Kind regards,

-Arvid
etompau

Re: Mobile app and webpage sync

Post by etompau »

Haven't seen any problems with incorrect status indication between app and webb.
The correct status is pushed more or less instantaneously to the app when I activate a switch/device in the webb interface and vice versa.

You don't simply access the webpage via the mobile phone? Can you see the menu function "Dashboard"?

Describe a little bit more elaborated how you create the fault.
arvidcarlander

Re: Mobile app and webpage sync

Post by arvidcarlander »

I am using the mobile phone app.

Turns out the Z-wave device I tested with was out of range.

Agreed, the status updates almost instantly on the mobile app and the web page. At least for 433 devices. But not for Z-Wave devices, at least not if they are out of range.

Tested as follows:
1. Close all apps on ipad and close web browser on PC
2. Start Telldus app on ipad and open browser on PC - log in to telldus web page
3. Status of device (Fibaro wall plug) is ON and this is shown correctly both in the app and also on the Telldus webpage
4. Try to turn off the device using the off button on the device tab on the mobile phone app
5. Device fails to turn off because it is out of range
6. Status changes to OFF on the mobile phone app (which is incorrect) and remains ON on the web page (which is correct).

I have not tested other failure modes, but this test indicates that the system correctly identifies that the requested operation failed and therefore shows correct status on the web page, but the mobile phone app does not receive (or is perhaps not designed to receive) feedback that the requested operation failed and the device is still on.

Perhaps I am being picky, but showing the status of devices consistently across devices even if the device fails to respond seems to be a basic function, and showing inconsistent status will lower confidence in the product.

-Arvid