Doorbell

Moderator: Telldus

cscottmcqueen

Doorbell

Post by cscottmcqueen »

I can remotely ring the door bell via Telldus Live but how to I pick up the door bell button being pressed so I can send an alert to my mobile.

Is the way of telling when a switch is activated ?

Cheers Scott
dico

Re: Doorbell

Post by dico »

You can add Events to the doorbell in Telldus Live.
When doorbell is triggered, you can send SMS or mail.
cscottmcqueen

Post by cscottmcqueen »

dico wrote:You can add Events to the doorbell in Telldus Live.
When doorbell is triggered, you can send SMS or mail.
How, I can't detect when the doorbell is triggered, I can only remote trigger the doorbell with Telldus. If you can't detect it then I can see no way off triggering an event.
etompau

Post by etompau »

You need to add a "door bell device" in Telldus Live, then scan and store the code from the doorbell-transmitter.
This device can then be used as a trigger in an event for sending SMS /email.
Pls note that SMS/email as a Pro function.
Last edited by etompau on Wed May 20, 2015 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
cscottmcqueen

Post by cscottmcqueen »

etompau wrote:You need to add a "door bell device" in Telldus Live, then scan and store the code from the doorbell-transmitter.
This device can then be used as a trigger in an event for sending SMS /email.
Pls note that SMS/email as a Pro function.
In Telldus Live, how do you scan for a signal ?

EDIT: Skip that I can scan for the device ok (I already know it's ID, its J ), but when you set it up as a door bell it only gives you the option to ring the bell remotely, will see if I can set up the transmitter as a switch and see what's happening.
etompau

Post by etompau »

Open your device in Telldus Live, press edit, then change type of device , from eg. self learning to "house code" and then back again to self learning.
You should then see a "scan button", activate scan and press the button on the dorrbell-transmitter, save the scanned code from the transmitter.
dico

Post by dico »

What doorbell do you have?

If you have a Nexa self learning door bell, you add it as this in the "Add device" wizard. You should not need to scan for signal or anything like that... Just click learn in the wizard (and push the learn button on the receiver (the one that makes the sound).

(You can add the push-button (sender) as a nexa remote and receiver ("ringer") as a nexa on/off, but there is no point if you only want to get an SMS when someone push the button - If you do this, you also have to add an event for the receiver to "ring" when someone pushes the button).

Under Events in Telldus Live, you just add the Doorbell as trigger, and SMS in action.
etompau wrote:EDIT - the device can't be a doorbell" as this device type can't be used as a trigger in an Event- Use an on/off device instead.
I just tested SMS with Nexa Self learning Doorbell in Events - works just fine for me :-)
cscottmcqueen

Post by cscottmcqueen »

dico wrote:What doorbell do you have?

If you have a Nexa self learning door bell, you add it as this in the "Add device" wizard. You should not need to scan for signal or anything like that... Just click learn in the wizard (and push the learn button on the receiver (the one that makes the sound).

(You can add the push-button (sender) as a nexa remote and receiver ("ringer") as a nexa on/off, but there is no point if you only want to get an SMS when someone push the button - If you do this, you also have to add an event for the receiver to "ring" when someone pushes the button).

Under Events in Telldus Live, you just add the Doorbell as trigger, and SMS in action.
etompau wrote:EDIT - the device can't be a doorbell" as this device type can't be used as a trigger in an Event- Use an on/off device instead.
I just tested SMS with Nexa Self learning Doorbell in Events - works just fine for me :-)

Cool, It give's me a reason to subscribe to Pro again, Thanks
etompau

Post by etompau »

dico wrote:What doorbell do you have?

Sorry, you aare correct - bell works as a trigger in an event.
cscottmcqueen

Post by cscottmcqueen »

etompau wrote: I just tested SMS with Nexa Self learning Doorbell in Events - works just fine for me :-)

I wonder If you can set up the door bell switch as a Nexa 'remote' and trigger it that way
jimmyhhansen

Post by jimmyhhansen »

cscottmcqueen wrote:
etompau wrote: I just tested SMS with Nexa Self learning Doorbell in Events - works just fine for me :-)

I wonder If you can set up the door bell switch as a Nexa 'remote' and trigger it that way

This is an old post, i know, but did you ever get this to work?
I get the nexa self learning doorbell to trigger an event when i trigger it from the telldus app, but not if someone presses the sender button.

I have created an event Doorbell --> push a message to the phone app.
It seems that even though the button on the sender sounds the bell, this is not concidered an event unless it is triggered directly from the telldus software.
Have i done something wrong?
cscottmcqueen

Post by cscottmcqueen »

I didn't find a way round it, and as far as I know no-one else has. It's a shame as it would come in handy.

jimmyhhansen wrote:
cscottmcqueen wrote:

I get the nexa self learning doorbell to trigger an event when i trigger it from the telldus app, but not if someone presses the sender button.

It seems that even though the button on the sender sounds the bell, this is not concidered an event unless it is triggered directly from the telldus software.
etompau

Post by etompau »

jimmyhhansen wrote:
cscottmcqueen wrote:

The system (Tellstick Telldus Live) must know the unique house code of the door bell transmitter, otherwise the event cannot be triggered.
In the device list, select your door bell, select edit, and then activate the function scan transmitter. Press the door bell transmitter, the house code figures should update, then press save.
jimmyhhansen

Post by jimmyhhansen »

etompau wrote:
The system (Tellstick Telldus Live) must know the unique house code of the door bell transmitter, otherwise the event cannot be triggered.
In the device list, select your door bell, select edit, and then activate the function scan transmitter. Press the door bell transmitter, the house code figures should update, then press save.
And then it worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!!

/Jimmy