Tellstick Net does not switch off Nexa WMR-1000

Moderator: Telldus

the_bone_collector

Tellstick Net does not switch off Nexa WMR-1000

Post by the_bone_collector »

Hi,

I have 11 Self Learning Nexa WMR-1000 switches in my house. All of them work flawlessly except for 1. That 1 controls a water pump that needs to be switched on and off at specific times. So I set up the scheduler on Telldus Live accordingly.

The problem is that though this switch switches on as per the schedule it does not switch off accordingly. It keeps the water pump running for hours. I have tried replacing the switch with another WMR-1000 unit but the problem persists. I have even tried deleting the switch from Telldus Live and re-adding it and setting up the schedule from scratch, but none of this helps. The distance between the Tellstick Net and the switch is barely 5 mts. So distance should not be an issue.

Besides this, once the switch switches on, it takes a few tries on Telldus Live to actually switch it off. Mostly 3-5 cycles of pressing the on & off buttons before it actually switches off.

Any ideas on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Zaman

Re: Tellstick Net does not switch off Nexa WMR-1000

Post by Zaman »

It sounds like you have something in the area that interferes with the signal.
Is the receiver close to a transformer/AC-adapter? I've found that if you plug an adapter directly into a receiver (for example a PE-3) it will interfere with the signal when the power is on (so turning on is fine since there the adapter has no power at that time).
Adding an extension cord between the receiver and the adapter usually fixes the problem.

Part from that I can only suggest ensuring that the receiver is correctly installed (N/L) and that you don't have disturbances on the power feed when the pump is turned on.
etompau

Post by etompau »

My guess is that the pump creates some electrical noise that disturbs the WMR-1000.
Possible cure for this are:

- re-positioning the receiver
- try different positions for the cabling (twist the cables for minimize the electrical radiation)
- try another receiver type eg LCMR-1000.
the_bone_collector

Post by the_bone_collector »

Thank you for your replies !

The motor's power rating is 800 W. It is true that amongst all the switches I have installed, this one is the only one with such a high power rating. So that could certainly be a factor.

I will try the suggestions you given and revert with updates in a couple of days.

Cheers.
lars

Post by lars »

The motor's power rating is 800 W.

The wmr-1000 is rated 1000 W resistive load. For inductive loads (such as a motor) the rating is far less. You are probably overloading it.

I would try something like a wmr-3500.

//Lars
etompau

Post by etompau »

A year has past since we heard from "the bonce collector", and I guess we will never will learn if he solved the problem.