Telldus Live Mobile for Android

Moderator: Telldus

Ekiz

Telldus Live Mobile for Android

Post by Ekiz »

The login field is so small ( half the size of the head of a match) that it can not be activated with the touch of your finger, I had to take a "styluspen". Then the text / letters is so small that you can not see without a magnifying glass.

But the best part is that it's some weird kind of autocomplete on that makes it impossible to even enter you id. After turning all autocomplete functions off, I managed to enter my id, but when I move to password field the last 4 characters disappears from my Id field. I've tried it with Samsung, 2,3 and 4. The same result on all phones.

And its not possible to use the phones back button to tap out from Telldus Live Mobile, you need to use a taskkiller.Finally I managed to enter my user id, but now I got the error "wrong password" and then the application hangs. And you need to remove the phones battery to make it work again.

This kinda makes me laugh, have you even tested the application? I do now understand why people rated it two stars on Google play. My suggestion is that you remove the application from Play, it just makes people go bananas, like I did after 1hr of trying to login :banghead:
reidar.ostrem

Post by reidar.ostrem »

Try out Remotestick :-)
Ekiz

Re: Telldus Live Mobile for Android

Post by Ekiz »

I have now tested it in Iphone 5 and 4, and sometimes it works, and the next time I start the Iphone Telldus app, it has lost all devices, after logging in and out from the app several times it suddleny appears again.

In Android I get several errors, like app crasch.."Telldus live has been stopped" In Iphone I got a error like.... fatal error api.telldus... And all devices lost

I do understand that it could be some small issues in a specific phone model, but I have now tried this app in Iphone 4 and 5. Samsung 2,3 and 4. LG Nexus 5 and Optimus. But what I dont understand is, why releasing an application with this bad functionallity?
reidar.ostrem wrote:Try out Remotestick :-)
I would love to do it, if there was a "trial version" of it

....and I just found out that there is a "lite version". And it looks a lot better.
reidar.ostrem

Post by reidar.ostrem »

Works like a charm and worth the pennies.. And with the widgets it's so usable.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1386524423985.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1386524423985.jpg (44.91 KiB) Viewed 17245 times
Ekiz

Post by Ekiz »

If someone have an answer to this I would be very happy.

After installing Telldus Live for Iphone, I did the following
1. enter my login id "someone@domain.com" and password and choosed remember passoword.
Now I can see all my devices.

Closing the application, and starting it again, and all my devices are gone, Loging in from a webbrower to live.telldus.com and my devices are there
Trying once again to start the Iphone app, and still no devices, checking in my android and the devices are there.

2. Logging out from Iphone application, and staring it again, no login question at all and still no devices.
Doing the same check with android and a webbrowser, same result.

3. Trying to uninstall Telldus Live for Iphone.
Uninstallation successful.

4. Installing Telldus Live for Iphone once again
Starting Telldus Live for Iphone and no login or question about setting up userId/password.
Trying to logout, and same shit again

Q:How do I change username and password in Android/Iphone Telldus Live?
Q:How do I uninstall the applcation and NOT allowing it to cache my username and password?

All these problems make TellStick Net almost completely useless.
reidar.ostrem wrote:Works like a charm and worth the pennies.. And with the widgets it's so usable.
Reidar, yes it looks very nice. I think Ill spend 25:- Skr on Remotestick and give it a go.
reidar.ostrem

Post by reidar.ostrem »

Try pressing the Group in the top of the app for iPhone...

Don't think you can change password in telldus live.
Ekiz

Re:

Post by Ekiz »

reidar.ostrem wrote:Try pressing the Group in the top of the app for iPhone...

Don't think you can change password in telldus live.

Thats the thing, You can change password in live.telldus.com But you cant do it in Telldus Live app for Android/Iphone. Maybe you can....But I cant find it.
Well, I just installed the full version of Remotestick, Nice GUI, easy to use and a lot of functions and so far it looks like just what I want.

Thank you for the tip Reidar.
HSPalm

Post by HSPalm »

reidar.ostrem wrote:Works like a charm and worth the pennies.. And with the widgets it's so usable.
Hi,
any details on the controlling of your garage door?
reidar.ostrem

Post by reidar.ostrem »

HSPalm wrote:
Hi,
any details on the controlling of your garage door?
Hi, yes. I have a garage opener with possibility for connecting a indoor key button. On this I've connected a wireless relay that I can use with tellstick. The relays name is itl 1000 I think from intertechno. But you could use any other potential free relay.
williamcorren

Post by williamcorren »

Can't find this one in Playstore, where can I get the apk files.
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

williamcorren wrote:Can't find this one in Playstore, where can I get the apk files.
It's waste of time using the official app, buy remotestick.
arneolav

Post by arneolav »

I'm testing "TelLive Remote Lite", seems ok.
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

I also recommend RemoteStick and say that it is worth the money. My project TellProx also has a UI if you have a TellStick or TellStick duo,