I now control lights and my garage door, next step?

Moderator: Telldus

Jonasbegood

I now control lights and my garage door, next step?

Post by Jonasbegood »

Hi,

I was informere about this product a couple weeks ago, and as the gadget geek I am I have now invested in a lot of receivers.

I use nexa dimmers to control all lights in my apartment, and also this receivers to control my garage door (programmed as a nexa door bell)
http://portspesialisten.com/fjernkontro ... er-433mhz/

What is the next step of home automation? :)
davka003

Re: I now control lights and my garage door, next step?

Post by davka003 »

Just out of curiosity, does it feel safe that anyone can Scan the code for your garage door and then open it when you are not home?
Or have you done something realy cleaver with crypto and two-way communication? (Would love to hear more if that is the case)
My home automation software: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
Jonasbegood

Post by Jonasbegood »

For me I have a small garage with no other valuables than my car, so no big worries, but Ofcourse there would be better to use a different encryption than fixed code. The receiver can use both fixed code and rolling code, so if we had a device suitable for tellstick with rolling code I could try that, any suggestions?
jabadabado

Post by jabadabado »

Hi Jonasbegood,

I have the same reciever from portspesialisten but it won't work with Tellstick Live. I tried to set it up as a Nexa doorbell too.
How did you set your dip switches on the reciever ?

Terje.
dico

Post by dico »

I also have a reciever from portspesialisten, but can't get it to work with Telldus.
So i'm joining the question of how your dipswitches are set :-)
Jonasbegood

Post by Jonasbegood »

Hi all,

Sorry for the late answer.

You have to set the DIP settings in the receivers like this: 1,3,4= OFF 2= ON.

I have two receivers, one with the 1= ON for my remotes and the other to use for nexa doorbells.
Butch1956

Post by Butch1956 »

If I buy this receiver, will it work with Telldus Duo? I have a Chamberlain ML700EV garage door opener that I would like to control with the Duo.
Jonasbegood

Post by Jonasbegood »

Yeah it will work with any garagedoor!
ruff

Post by ruff »

i have tried this dip settings, it wont work, can anyone help me?
etompau

Post by etompau »

ruff wrote:i have tried this dip settings, it wont work, can anyone help me?
Not an answer to your question, but here is a link to the receiver manual and the dip settings:
http://www.chinaremote.com/.cm4all/ipro ... .pdf?cdp=a
ruff

Post by ruff »

how did you get contact from telldus to the reciever? i have tried every dip setting
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Hi,

I'm testing garage door controlling with Nexa EJLR-1000 and it works quite well. I firs installed it as a wireless doorbell, then after reading the manual a bit more carefully, as the normal self learning on/off (in the end I guess it does not matter which you use). The manual says that for momentary switch every command (up, stop, down) needs to be given twice. In my experience to start you just need to press once, stopping requires three presses and then to stat again (to other direction) once. I can live with this but does it sound like there is some fault in the setup? :)

Also, has anyone thought about any measures against unwanted openings? In the garage there are not any valuables but especially during the winter I do not want the garage door to accidentally open... I was thinking something like setting a new on/off device that would need to be set "on" to allow passing the controls to the garage door. I.e. this dummy device would activate the "garage door control mode" (maybe not just a dummy device but also tied to a motion sensor etc). But to get it work I guess I would need another dummy device which would be used in an event (press "on" -> if "garage door control mode" is active -> send the real command) and there would in any case still be the actual device whose controls could be accidentally pressed. Any thoughts?
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

dico wrote:http://robertan.com/home/2015/05/10/ope ... h-telldus/

"But I’m struggling to see how I can add the RX Multi with a house code, as the RX-Multi only has one option to configure it, “Learning-mode”."
I guess you can just set up the Code Switch doorbell with any house code / channel and then activate the learning mode in RX-Multi and send the command from Telldus Live? At least that is how one can pair for example a Nexa "code switch" code to a Nexa self learning receiver (= the original code switch codes are among the one million(+) self learning codes).